The prime Compy

which editing platform? Avid, FCP, Media 100, Premiere?

eh...one that you could potentially use any of them on...but a PC...not a Mac.

Being born and raised on a PC, I'd be interested in seeing what type of PC I'd need. Everyone says Macs are notoriously simple to use so if I ever wanted to play around on one, the packages are pretty straight forward there as far as buying options.

True...
As far as a PC goes...
You'll want a motherboard... now it only needs a single processor... as many GHZ as possible, I think it's over 3.0 on PC now...
You'll also want to load it full of RAM, as much as it will take... usually only 1.5 to 3 gigabites... sometimes 2 to 4 though... if you buy the right boards...
Find yourself a video card with as much on-board RAM as possible... like an ATI Radeon, or a Matrox, or even the Asus boards...
Last, find yourself an independent video capture board... a firewire card is nice... and then on top of that are the component cards for systems like avid.
Oh, and lots of storage space... as many hundred or thousand gigabite's as you can possibly fit and add onto your computer.

Basically... you can do it cheaper... but to max it out you're going to spend just as much (or more) on PC than Mac... entirely depending on what system you're going with.

You can also look into a Vegas system.

Network Sponsors

Back