The Op Website And Podcast

proteusmd

Greetings fellow filmakers. I wanted to take a minute and introduce you all to The Op, a website about operators, operating, and the art of visual storytelling. It would be easy to think this site is just for operators but you’d be wrong. Its for anyone who considers themselves to be a visual storyteller.

I created this site, and companion podcast because its what I wished existed when I was starting out 35 years ago. Some things to check out.

The Answers – Every week a question is posed to a group of operators with over 400 years experience between them.
The Library – a growing collection of videos on framing, composition, and storytelling.
The Words – terms and lingo from set
The Images – frames for inspiration, pictures from the past, and sneak peaks at how things are done.
The Breakdown – Seasoned veterans share a shot and break down everything that goes into it.
The Musings – Weekly dive into quick tips for on set practices and longer pieces about the conceptual part of visual storytelling
Safety – A must read for anyone on set.
And more.

New stuff every week and a newsletter to remind you. The Podcast is up and a new ep will be out every two weeks. We talk with operators, DPs, Directors, Dolly grips, Boom ops, and beyond. Stories, tips, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll wonder why (I dont know…it rhymed). Please rate, review, and share if you like it.

So please check us out and let us know how we are doing. As I said, its what I wish I had when I was starting and my hope is it’s what will help.

Great initiative, proteusmd! The Op sounds like an invaluable resource for visual storytellers of all levels. I appreciate your dedication to sharing knowledge and experience in the world of filmmaking. Looking forward to exploring all the content you've mentioned. Thanks for creating this platform and sharing it with us!

Network Sponsors

Back