Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M. Night Shyamalan

• Peter Jackson

• Quentin Tarantino

• Total voters
Thanks for the input Derek, had there been no limitations, I'd have easily put 10 more directors on the poll. I'm always drawing inspiration from different sources, so the top 10 future directors I listed obviously aren't my exclusive sources of inspiration, I'll probably do another list at the end of the year.
Feel free to post your top 10 future directors in a pole, I'd like to see who else we can squeeze into another one of these... 8)
Oh, and try to refrain from putting yourself on the list alright... :wink:

LOL
put myself on the list!... HA!
I'm definetly not officially a Director yet... hahaha... and even then, I'd hardly call myself a director who embodies the future of production yet... i hardly have enough experience for that...

Actually, I think your list is great... I just couldn't pick only 1 person... because some of them I feel are bound by the genre they direct in when it comes to a decision like that...

LOL

Anyhow, till later :)

Quentin Tarantino has a unique style all his own.

Could you provide some examples of his 'unique style'? I've avoided 'Kill Bill', but I've yet to see anything unique about him... even his 'trademark' dialog from 'Pulp Fiction' appears to have been ripped off from 'Repo Man' (along with the aliens in the suitcase).

MarkG said:
Could you provide some examples of his 'unique style'? I've avoided 'Kill Bill', but I've yet to see anything unique about him... even his 'trademark' dialog from 'Pulp Fiction' appears to have been ripped off from 'Repo Man' (along with the aliens in the suitcase).

Um... first off Mark... the "aliens in the suitcase" wasn't aliens in the suitcase... that was Mr. Wallace's Spirit in the suitcase. As for wether Quentin has been influenced by past cinema/television, obviously. As for wether or not he will mimic things he liked in his films, well, everyone who makes film does.

However, if you want to know what's unique about Quentin... he's the only director making films today who can put together a film that seems to make no sense what-so-ever, yet by the end of the film (as long as we've been paying attention) the whole thing makes sense. Also, he is the only one to have such a variation in his visual style throughout one single film, and nothing feels out of place.

It's not a fault to be someone who mimic's things that they liked in other films & television shows... Frankly, lots of Kill Bill is based on shows like "Kung Fu" & the like...

It's when an audience can stop thinking "rip-off" and look beyond that to see what's really going on in the film is when they begin to know Tarantino & identify with his style/brand of filmmaking.

Network Sponsors

Back