The Ether Woods

voiceofjon

I had a question, does anyone know a place that is open to submissions for short films? I am looking for a production company that has the equipment to create a short film, and since there are a lot of contests out there for screen plays. Is there any company's out there that are holding contests for scripts? I have one that I would like to submit, and I think that all I would need is to find a production company who has the equipment to pull it off.

Jon

You can do some searches for script contests. These guys post here often: Scriptapalooza | Discovering & Promoting Writers Since 1998 As far as finding a production company to make your scripts into movies that is another animal. I don't know. I would be thinking about how to get the money to pay for production. If you have a great script then you have a start. I would think any production company is going to want the money in hand more or less to do the work of shooting your movie. Where do you see yourself in all of it? Are you the director? Writer? Maybe look for producers and submit your script to them. I have been told you should have many ideas and many scripts and not just one to sell.

That is a good idea, but I can't figure to send them a completely written script. I am still looking for people to take in account the compete package of what I am offering. With in anything I write, or act in, or produce, or edit, or even direct. I think it is a good idea to send scripts to contests. But, I just am kind of still hoping on hope that I will find someone who wants to produce it with me. In a production such as the ones I am offering. The people I would most likely work with, are the kind of people that have no direct title or position. Meaning at any notice, they can jump in, and do really anything. That way they can fill a spot if someone else decides to pull out, and wreck the progress of the production. You have to watch out for everyone in this business. Because people like to send you spy's almost. People who are there just to ruin things for you. That way they are making themselves capable of over coming any problems that we might face. I just like the idea of knowing who I am sending the scripts to. So, many of those contest oriented places. You might find that your project gets lost in the shuffle of the thousands, of other people who are trying that same thing. That is why for now, I have only a series of well placed ideas. A skelton script, that is only a branching off point. Any other film makers I work with, will understand what that means. For anyone else, who is just trying to get an in. I can say that it is wise to keep an eye on anyone, who would try to get involved with a project. Just a word of caution, as I have had projects myself ruined, on account of other people misleading the people who were working with me. It is just safe to do things on your own. I just am asking for a crew, I don't need another film maker who is trying to justify their place and compete over a spot. I need well adjustable people, just like me.

QUOTE="Kim Welch, post: 52487, member: 8"]
You can do some searches for script contests. These guys post here often: Scriptapalooza | Discovering & Promoting Writers Since 1998 As far as finding a production company to make your scripts into movies that is another animal. I don't know. I would be thinking about how to get the money to pay for production. If you have a great script then you have a start. I would think any production company is going to want the money in hand more or less to do the work of shooting your movie. Where do you see yourself in all of it? Are you the director? Writer? Maybe look for producers and submit your script to them. I have been told you should have many ideas and many scripts and not just one to sell.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
There really isn't a whole lot money in short films, that is true. But, for anyone who is starting out or still looking of a major studio to latch on to what they are doing. It can be a good way to get the focus upon your stuff. Really I haven't made any money on films, I would like to. But, there are loads of film makers all trying to compete to get a job. They all just want to get that big time job at the major studios. But, with so many studios all keeping an eye on independents. They are doing what they can do, to stifle and push down any individual expression. You really don't want another Filmmaker to try to take charge of your people or productions. There is just far too much competitiveness with in another film maker. Obviously the studios benefit greatly from people being forced to hand over their projects to them. There really isn't any kind of pay back that you get from doing that. They take it and make it, and gain the credit. Leaving you with really nothing. It really isn't a fair business to get in to. It really doesn't create a fair contest when the studios are almost playing greedy greedy hippos, with anyone else trying to remain independent. I am another film maker, and any other film maker would see that as a challenge to have me work with them. They are grossly competitive. So, I would say I would love to work with another Filmmaker, I would just have to see what they are all about, before I decide to work with them on it. But, anyone who would be involved would understand the potential that I am offering with in it.

There's no money in shorts. You're going to have to produce it yourself or team up with a Filmmaker who likes your script to get it made.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back