Starting at September a course at UK university. Can you advice me?

logo15

Hallo all!

I am new around here.
Well to start off. This September I will join one of this 2 courses. I like them both but I have to pick one.

The first one is at Gloucestershire University and its called Digital Film Production.

The other is at York St.John and its Film&TV production.

I have asked all over the net but people cant really say.
Some students at another well known forum say Gloucestershire only because its higher at the overall rating.
People at the industry say that both are the same but York may be better because of the work placement and the internship.

Now for some facts.

Glos has less professors than York (5 vs 12) and its about 20% lesson and 80% self study (I dunno about York). Glos is a bigger uni than York(but does it really mater?).

To conclude. I want a course that afterwards it will be more easy to find job. I am willing to do an MA as well, but in any case I want to be able to find a job.
People at forums say that actual work experience is more appreciated than good grades. Is this true?

Can you give me your advice?

thanks in advance

logo15

P.S. I have also some other choices but they are for media production (Staffordshire and UCLAn), I'm not sure if this kind of course will be of any good(I mean its totally general so it would be more difficult. Right?)

film program options

film program options

....but York may be better because of the work placement and the internship.
... I want a course that afterwards it will be more easy to find job."

If York seems better at placement, and that's your goal, go there.

Keep in mind that getting work is a challenge no matter who's helping you. AND also keep in mind that you can find work just by going to a city where there is a lot of production and volunteering. And/or even volunteering at local film school productions.

In other words, the work is out there, and it's up to you to get it. A film program may (or may not) make it easier.

And if your ultimate goal is to get working, then consider just directly getting out there and working. Go to Craig's List and let 'er rip!

Good luck.

:)

B

Network Sponsors

Back