Sparkling - A Short About Being Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPeeler

Hey all!

Here for you is my latest short film, Sparkling. I've been prepping this for 6 months and finally got shooting completed in May in time for my Junior directing final. The film is a spoof on "coming out" stories, while at the same time aims to satirize generational gaps and parental intolerance.

We shot this through March and April of 2011 on a JVC GY-HM100U. I was lucky to get some talented and eager actors, as well as a great crew. Any and all feedback would be appreciated, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFAYQkctQsg

acting is aweful

acting is aweful

the acting is awful and the sound needs some work. establishing that he might be gay or something and he needs to tell his parents in the start went on to long. just make the statement and move on. something like, with arm around his friend, "just come out and tell them. you will feel better about yourself" done. cut to parents. the parents acting is just not funny and bad. also, i don't care if it is a student film. you should find some serious actors who want to act for a career. get them from the theater department or post an ad on a site like Craigs list or whatever. do not use friends. the two biggest mistakes students make are getting friends to act in their shorts and bad sound.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Thanks for at least expanding upon your opinion.

I'm still interested in your problem with the sound however. We recorded the audio on a ME66 shotgun microphone. Is there too much echo? Is the decibel level too high? I'm seeking to improve and I'm just looking for some honest feedback here.

sound is not to bad

sound is not to bad

the sound is not grossly bad and I am not a professional Emmy winning sound guy like Rich but something is not exactly right there in my lowly opinion. but,it is not horrid sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back