Sony Z1U

Kim Welch

Staff member
I wonder if we can get Sony to let us test the Sony Z1U... Don't they let media companies have test cameras. I bet we could get a pro to do a full test for us... just thinking about it. Also, with all the marekting blitz about other cameras I wonder why we didn't here more about this. Sony surley has equal or bigger budgets than Panasonic and Canon.

I'd certainly be interested to see what a pro can do with the camera :). I have seen a music video a couple of times on MTV which was shot with a Z1 and it looks pretty nice, since I know it was shot on HDV I can see that it's video from the limited contrast range in some shots, but if I didn't know then it wouldn't have been obvious that it wasn't shot on film.

Kim,

If someone from studentfilmakers.com is willing to donate their time and talent to perform tests and write a review. I would be willing to donate a HVRZ1U.

- Tom

yes!

yes!

i have a great person in mind that i am pretty sure will do it. if he does not I hav several others in mind. I will make some calls. Can you call me when you get a chance or send me your number in a PM?

Kim

Kim,

I responded by PM with my number and some thoughts. I look forward to the test. Let's do it!

- Tom

I got your message

I got your message

I want to make a movie with the studentfilmmakersforums.com community.
I very much want this to happen and I am dedicated as much as I can be to these kinds of things.
Any Video House or Manufacture of equipment or software who can sponsor this project will reach a big community.
These are the future filmmakers of the world. I need sponsors who will put up money and equipment for our community in LA and in NYC to shoot a short film.
We can select from our contestants, post production team and screenwriters for all positions and more or less produce a short to be entered in contests around the globe.

I can not pay you for any part of the equipment or for insurance as you stated in the PM. I need Sponsorship in return you will be included in the Credits and marketing materials on the site… This will be a huge value for your company and all those who participate. I may be headed to LA to see some ASC members in the next couple of weeks in regards to this desire I have.

Hi Kim and eveybody !

Sorry I'm a bit late on this thread - I've been very busy these last months and I am afraid I still am - but...

I have a very precise question about HDV in general, it concerns editing and post production, better than using the camera itself.

There is no doubt that for the price, those cameras are very interesting, according to their image quality, the native HD 16/9 format etc.

I wonder much more about making anything else but cut editing with a GOP 6 based system.

Do you, Tom D'angelo, can give us more informations about that ?

Regards,

Im in nyc and would love to volunteer my time as da or sound engineer or whatever you guys need help with.

Network Sponsors

Back