Software for storyboarding...

Software for storyboarding...

• I'm the Director of Photography, and I need something to hit the director over the head with when hi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm the set designer and/or art director and use the storyboards as a blueprint

• I don't need them

• They're a waste of time and limit my creativity

• Total voters
D

Digigenic

frame forge's 3d storyboarding software.
frameforge3d I've never used it, but I've read some good reviews. Typically I use digital photographs to accomplish a more accurate shot for storyboarding, but I think the software is worth considering if it ends up saving time.
I also know that some NLE software offers storyboarding layouts...
If anyone recommends any other story boarding methods, I'd love to hear em...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to continue raising this old thread from the dead, but I know there's a bunch of others folks needing to decide which software to roll with.

Storyboard Quick is simple but limited. If you're serious about becoming a motion picture director I'd also consider investing in something that has 3D capability. Simple storyboarding with Storyboard Quick is still necessary but sometimes it doesn't do your imagined shot justice.

I did a super rough test with FrameForge 3D the day I bought it. I used FrameForge to storyboard our student short film. Keep in mind the sample vid is nowhere near refined.

http://www.vimeo.com/5487464

If you can afford both programs gettum both. Or, better yet, you buy one and have your right hand crew member buy the other.

I always use storyboard quick and find it to be very useful. Farinheight_Pro mentioned that if "you're serious about becoming a motion picture director" then three dimensions are neccessary... I disagree with that, because professional motion picture directors don't bother belaboring the point: quick and dirty is often the best way to get ones vision down on paper in order to communicate it to the crew. But if 3-D is that important to you, I know that the makers of storyboard quick also have storyboard artist as an alternative for those who want the extra dimension. I would imagine that storyboard artist is a better compliment to storyboard quick than frameforge is, since they're from the same company and have the same user interface.

Network Sponsors

Back