Smoke effect

Jackboyh

Not as a post production effect, during filming after a nuclear explosion I want for one of the characters who has been slightly exposed to the blast to be smoking due to the heat from their clothes and hair etc

Anyone know of any good ways in which this can be done?

I have a couple of suggestions.

1. If you live in a cold area, or have acess to a cold location. Simply cover your actor in hot (not boiling for ovious reasons) water right before you start rolling camera. If you have alot of contrast between the steam and the background this should turn out great.

2. I'm not sure how much this character is smoking but if you use some tight close up shots a smoke machine should do the trick.

Hope these helped at all.

hot water is not the best idea, since water start to steam near 150, but anything near 100 (like a hot tub) won't stream for very long.

smoke machines are good for this kind of effect but you could also rig up something with dry ice, but that might give you more of a dry ice look than smoke. you're situation is unusual and rather difficult. i might try the smoke thing, or go for something different.

fog machine anf tubing threw the clothes. or get a small tube that is caped on one end the stick some incence in it. Now hid it on the clothes. Be sure to wrap the tube in leather or something to insilate the incence from the actor. Or right befor you roll have several people blow cigar smoke on him. I have seen all theres effects used and they all work well.

Network Sponsors

Back