Siwash Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

plangereis

A photo I took the other morning after day 2 of snow in Vancouver and the lower mainland.
_W4A1066.jpg

Hello @plangereis! Thank you for your submission to our contest!

The lower mainland of Vancouver looks amazing with a bit of snow!
Good luck!

Thanks Maura! Yes, the lower mainland of Vancouver is awesome in the snow. However, because we do not get a lot of snow here, it is challenging getting shots like this. Take care.

Beautiful capture! Right place. Right time. What camera system and color app did you use. It would have been curious if you held the rocks reflection in the water instead of the mountain. Your image is excellent. Just curious.

Beautiful capture! Right place. Right time. What camera system and color app did you use. It would have been curious if you held the rocks reflection in the water instead of the mountain. Your image is excellent. Just curious.
Hi Roy. I captured this image with my Canon 5Dsr, and the Canon 70-200 f4 L series lens. I processed the image mainly in Capture One Pro version 11. I have other compositions with the reflection fully in the image, but I liked this one better because for me the sea stack was the central focus that day. I also shot some images with sharper backgrounds but felt the sharper background took away from the sea stack. I am a full-time grade 7 teacher, and will be ready to retire after this year and one more school year. This is when I will spend more time on the visual arts, which I have done all my life since I was about 8 years old. Thanks for the kind praise on this image. I really appreciate it.

It’s a beautiful image, very well interpreted!
Thanks again Roy! I have lived my life full of various forms of artistic expression, including drawing, some painting, pointillism, pottery, wood carving in first nations style, batik and tie dye, and now photography. What a life I have had so far! How did you get into movie making? I do video work for the school I work at here in Canada, and really enjoy it. I have a Canon C100 MK II, 3 DSLRs, and a Mavic pro 2 drone for video. I keep thinking about making documentaries or short movies. What is a good way to break into this new world? Take care.

It’s wonderful that you’ve created a full palette of forms of expression. Vancouver is a wonderful city for filmmakers. I personally believe that the best story tellers start as documentarians because you must find the story as it unfurls before you. The best way to break jn....there is no best way...just continue to express yourself and seek public exhibition. Your work will create the direction.

It’s wonderful that you’ve created a full palette of forms of expression. Vancouver is a wonderful city for filmmakers. I personally believe that the best story tellers start as documentarians because you must find the story as it unfurls before you. The best way to break jn....there is no best way...just continue to express yourself and seek public exhibition. Your work will create the direction.
Thanks for the inspirational words of advice, and for being totally honest. Take care Roy, and all the best to you and your family in these trying times.

Hello again! :D We have recently updated our entry format. Could you please edit your first post to contain all these information? :) Thank you in advance!

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
PHOTO LOCATION:
CAMERA:
LENS:
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY):
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY):

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
(Choose between: Amateur, Hobbyist, Student or Professional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back