Shifting Winds

Austin_G

Name
Austin Guerrero
Date
August, 2020
This is the first major short film I made in Utah. This was an evolution from an original script idea I had the year before.

Gear:
  1. Sony A7S II
  2. Gimbal
  3. Drone
  4. H6 Zoom (and required audio and video cables)
  5. Boom pole
  6. Rhode Shotgun Mic

Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Software: DaVinci Resolve

Olivia Perez

The atmosphere at the beginning of the film was sad and a bit tragic and the end was as if she made it out of that sadness because of her best friend. Such a heart warming story!

Robert Miller

Just by looking at the gear you used, I can see how much you worked on producing this short film. And the result is very good 💪
What confuses me is the ending because it is happy but it gives me a vibe as if the girl is not so happy or as if she is lost or maybe depressed deep down.

Austin_G

Just by looking at the gear you used, I can see how much you worked on producing this short film. And the result is very good 💪
What confuses me is the ending because it is happy but it gives me a vibe as if the girl is not so happy or as if she is lost or maybe depressed deep down.
Thanks!

And I'm glad you caught on to that.

I wanted the ending to be happy but I didn't want it to be totally "clean". I talked with Kaylee (the main actress) and asked her how she would feel about this scene and where the character would be mentally. She really felt like the character wouldn't be completely over the death of her best friend, and since she's remembering her friend at the end, we both went for a melancholy feel.

EmilyWilkes

Thanks!

And I'm glad you caught on to that.

I wanted the ending to be happy but I didn't want it to be totally "clean". I talked with Kaylee (the main actress) and asked her how she would feel about this scene and where the character would be mentally. She really felt like the character wouldn't be completely over the death of her best friend, and since she's remembering her friend at the end, we both went for a melancholy feel.
I saw the movie then read the comments.....wow...what a story...you managed to put into your movie everything that you planned to

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Production Sound 0
F Production Sound 0