Romantic Drama Script Set in Paris - A Chance Encounter

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you a script that I have been working on - A Chance Encounter in Paris. It is a romantic drama movie set in the beautiful city of Paris.

The story follows Emma, a young American woman who moves to Paris to start a new life after a difficult breakup. She meets Antoine, a charming Frenchman who works at a café in the heart of the city, and they start dating. However, their relationship faces challenges, including Antoine's ex-girlfriend, cultural differences, and a job offer in a different city.

I have put a lot of effort into creating engaging characters and an exciting storyline that keeps the audience in suspense until the end. The movie showcases the beauty of Paris and its culture, and I believe that it will appeal to anyone who loves romantic stories and happy endings.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on my draft. Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

Title: A Chance Encounter in Paris

Logline:

An American woman's chance encounter with a charming Frenchman in the city of love leads to a passionate romance, but their relationship is put to the test when cultural differences and unexpected challenges threaten to tear them apart.

Characters:​

1. Emma is a young American woman who moves to Paris to start a new life after a difficult breakup.

2. Antoine, a charming Frenchman who works at a café in the heart of the city.

3. Sophie, Emma's best friend who lives in Paris and helps her adjust to the city.

Setting:​

The story takes place in Paris, France - one of the most romantic cities in the world. The movie will showcase the beauty of the city, its culture, and its people.

Act 1:

Emma moves to Paris to start a new life after a difficult breakup. She struggles to adjust to the new city and its language. She meets Sophie, who becomes her best friend and helps her adjust to the new environment. One day, while exploring the city, Emma visits Antoine's café and they have a brief conversation. Emma is immediately drawn to Antoine's charm and they exchange numbers.

Act 2:

Emma and Antoine start dating and explore the city together. They visit iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, and the Champs-Élysées. They also explore the hidden gems of the city, like the quaint cafes and picturesque streets. However, their relationship is not without its challenges. Antoine's ex-girlfriend, Celine, shows up and tries to win him back. Emma is also struggling with the language barrier and the cultural differences between them.

Act 3:

Emma and Antoine's relationship faces a major challenge when Antoine receives a job offer in a different city. He must choose between his career and his love for Emma. They decide to take a break and give each other time to think. Emma realizes that she is willing to make sacrifices for their relationship and decides to surprise Antoine by flying to his new city. When she arrives, she discovers that Antoine is about to marry Celine. Emma confronts Antoine, and he reveals that Celine is pregnant with his child. Emma is heartbroken and decides to leave the city and return to the United States.

Act 4:

Back in the United States, Emma tries to move on with her life, but she can't forget Antoine. She receives a surprise invitation from Antoine, who is now a single father. He invites her to visit him and meet his daughter. Emma decides to take a chance and flies to Paris to see Antoine. They reconnect and realize that they still have feelings for each other. Antoine proposes to Emma, and she accepts. The movie ends with the couple kissing on a Parisian bridge, with the city of love as their backdrop.

Final thoughts:

A Chance Encounter in Paris is a heartwarming romantic drama that showcases the beauty of Paris and the power of love. The characters are relatable and the storyline is filled with twists and turns that keep the audience engaged until the end. This movie will appeal to anyone who loves romantic stories, beautiful cities, and happy endings.

Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Network Sponsors

Back