Research Paper

Vaare

Don't worry I'm not going to ask for anybody to help me writing my research paper on filmmaking (the whole process, from script to distribution). Nor am I going to paste the whole thing here for proofreading. It's a simple thing I am requesting help with, yet it's one that's giving me a lot of trouble.

Part of the requirements for this assignment is to interview someone knowledgeable in the topic that is the choice of your research paper (in my case, filmmaking). I've been given a chance to go on the set of a recording of some event for our local tv program to see how they operate and such. I'm not even sure being around them (a tv production crew that films local events) can do me any good with the topic of my paper (which is filmmaking for movies, tv shows, etc)

This all happens on Friday. I've never been around a real production crew before, and it's a little intimidating for me, someone who isn't all that sociable. So, my question is: what questions should I ask?

Yeah, dumb question, right? I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out, lest I be forced to walk onto the scene completely dumbfounded.

~Vaare Valentino

Some general questions you could ask would be stuff like What format are you shooting in (HD, 35mm, etc)? Maybe find out who has some of the key roles on set (director, cinematographer, etc). If you could be more specific, we might be able to be more helpful with questions. Filmmaking is a pretty broad topic. Also, make sure you're not asking questions when people are busy. Most likely, there will be at least some downtime, but try to get a feel for who has time and who doesn't, and don't be offended if you ask and someone brushes you off. Sets can get pretty hectic sometimes, and other times, they're pretty laid back. Good luck.

-Chris

Network Sponsors

Back