Raspberry: A Killer Love Saga Trailer

You didn't give me a chance to answer ;) I was just talking about your trailer this morning in the theatre while waiting for "The Next Three Days" to start. I'm going to watch your trailer again and post a comment.

http://www.studentfilmmakersforums.com/updates/?p=37

it's a positive thing in itself you used the little resources you had to put together a story and shoot it and you got your trailer up. some constructive criticism is- while you have funny elements in the storyline, they don't seem to be showcased enough in the trailer. without reading the storyline in IMDB, i couldn't tell from the trailer alone what the story's about, (i only know it's a comedy and love story), and the trailer didn't seem to show or tell enough about the characters. (for example, a lot of things can be shown with a quiet germaphobe character that could be really funny in itself.) i also saw blood in the trailer but had no idea there was a serial killer character. if you're going to re-edit the trailer, show scenes that will make the storyline more clear and make the uniqueness of each character stand out more. see what you can do with a little voice-over narration as a tool to set up premise and give explanation where needed ("In a world where...").

the actors who play the quiet germaphobe character and the serial killer character (could we give him a different title?) probably do really well with their characters and performances...

good luck with everything
-

Last edited:
it's a positive thing in itself you used the little resources you had to put together a story and shoot it and you got your trailer up. some constructive criticism is- while you have funny elements in the storyline, they don't seem to be showcased enough in the trailer. without reading the storyline in IMDB, i couldn't tell from the trailer alone what the story's about, (i only know it's a comedy and love story), and the trailer didn't seem to show or tell enough about the characters. (for example, a lot of things can be shown with a quiet germaphobe character that could be really funny in itself.) i also saw blood in the trailer but had no idea there was a serial killer character. if you're going to re-edit the trailer, show scenes that will make the storyline more clear and make the uniqueness of each character stand out more. see what you can do with a little voice-over narration as a tool to set up premise and give explanation where needed ("In a world where...").

That's some great advice. Thanks.

the actors who play the quiet germaphobe character and the serial killer character (could we give him a different title?) probably do really well with their characters and performances...

I'm the guy who plays the quiet germaphobe. lol. So, thanks. And they guy playing the serial killer did do really well in the entire feature. Thanks for noticing.

Network Sponsors

Back