questions about fcp 7

LARAB

Hello!

Just a quick question to editors, would you say final cut pro 7 is a good program to use to cut drama - or is there better software? What are the issues/restrictions with fcp if any?

cheers,
Lara from oz

I'd recommend Adobe Premier Pro. Although there isn't much difference from FCP7 - it just provides something extra that I can't really define. :p

Marketing

Marketing

I hear that the FCP is doing so well because of excellent marketing and training but that the other programs are just as good and will do the job.

Apple has bigger better things to focus than video post-production... hence the killing of FCP as we knew it. That said, man, tools have very little to do with art. The artist is the creator. Many a great shot has been made with nothing more than windows movie maker. You can either create watchable stuff or ya can't. Will Avid gain back the market share they handed over to Apple? Not all of it. Adobe is who will fare the best in all of this.

Everyone at workshop today is talking about Final Cut fcp X

Everyone at workshop today is talking about Final Cut fcp X

What i am hearing is not good. I hear that Adobe really stepped up to the plate and has a really nice editing system that beats Final Cut hands down. Just what i heard today. I don't know for a fact.

Well, look at it.
Adobe products work hand in hand with each other. Every editor today, no matter what NLE is chosen, leans on After Effects to enhance coolness. Most of us outside the the Premiere world are use to exporting to, doing outr thing, rendering, reimporting, going back to tweek whatever adding hours to the clock... The strength here is Premiere's happiness with a briother called After Effects made by the same company (well, purchased from CoSa but that's another topic). Photoshop, Encore, heck the whole dang bundle...
Look. It aint like it's 1999 anymore. Premiere Pro hasn't been a consumer gadget in many years, imo. It's been capable for quite some time and now poised to give, yes, Avid, a serios run for their money. I don't see it winding up any better for Avid that you do. I can tell you I'm sitting on a $50k Adrenaline suite that I surely couldn't get 5 grand for today, needing to upgrade, and no longer have the contender of FCP in the equasion. Straight up, if Avid can't upgrade me to the latest greatest neatest sweetest for that same $5k, I'd simply be a fool not to spend that on a Premiere suite loaded with bells and whistles and wish em the best.

Thanks Grinner

Thanks Grinner

Thanks Grinner. I don't know how support for the Avid products is but i know I just wish the Avid people were more friendly and worked with us like Adobe does.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back