Question on Jarring Effect, also a Q on Editing Workshops

Hola, can anyone tell me how to get a certain jarred effect in editing? (ex: Fight Club: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xrIfFeN7Q) ....also any recommendations on equipment or software that would be particularly efficient would be great.
Also, i am a film student interested in possibly attending a decent editing workshop for perhaps the summer or anytime possible (for up to 3 months), i have just begun my search and am willing to travel out of state if i can find one/several that is decent. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

gate weave

gate weave

Thats a gate weave. To do that digitally you could keyframe it. I would blow it up a little so the black edges don't show when you shake it back and forth.

Keyframe your center and move your clip -3 on the x-axis then move your playhead a few frames right and make a new keyframe. (I just picked 3 randomly it could be anything) Then move it +3 on the x-axis. That will bring you back to 0,0 so mix it up a little bit. Keep keyframing different center points on the x-axis and you will get the effect of a gate weave. Or you can get Magic Bullet which comes with this filter preset.

Network Sponsors

Back