Progress not Perfection

Kim Welch

Staff member
I think trying to do it right the first time and make things the best they can be is excellent but I believe I can be a perfectionist and worry over something to the point of it being a stop sign for anything I want to do. I need to apply the "progress not perfection" thinking to move things forward. This applies to my goals with our magazine, our websites, contests, webinars... and making movies.

So many people wait until they have that "perfect project" before they release it. It matters to make progress and learn from each experience. There is a long road to perfection and in the end, I don't believe anything in this world is perfect. Everything has flaws and that is normal. Even AI programs have bugs but they are still extremely useful in making our job easier.

There is an old saying that none of us was born knowing everything. However, this does not mean that we cannot learn and improve ourselves. I have found doubting myself many times until this point, not feeling good enough. Anxiety is real. On the other hand, I have learned to be grateful for each new thing that I learn and make small steps towards my goals, one day at a time!

Network Sponsors

Back