pp1.5 videos lose quality when exporting

wordplay

i'm using adobe premiere 1.5 and when i export my videos the edited scenes as well as scenes i didnt touch and export loose sharpness compared to the actual clips recorded. can anobody explain this?

i'm exporting as microsoft dv avi.

i even put a text into one part of the clip, just to notice that the text even looks like the way it does when you save a jpg that's 100% (in photoshop 12 qality) to 80% (8 quality).

Weird. I haven't used Premiere since 6.0, but back then if you exported DV footage to a DV file it would just copy the data without recompressing.

However, it's not unusual to see degradation of text because DV uses a JPEG-like codec to compress the video so it will lose some detail in the process of recompressing anything that has text superimposed on it.

You aren't exporting with any settings like recompress selected (or a PAL timeline exported to NTSC...etc)?

Also...what are you viewing the video on to make this determination?

hey somebody replied?

hey somebody replied?

thanks alot for looking in on my post, i had already forgot about this site since nobody had even viewed my post. but i'm glad i was wrong.

MarkG is there anyway to change the settings for using the jpeg type codec for text? because i want even the text to look the best it can.

Tim Kolb, no neither of those settings. i only previewed it on windows media player (classic) and bsplayer. - meaning the computer so to speak.

DV is DV...it is both a video format and a compression type. It shouldn't be doing all that much to the text from the perspective of all but the most unforgiving eyes, really.

I think you need to spool it out to tape and see what the tape looks like.

When you play back DV on the desktop, interlacing looks bad because the PC (Mac) monitor is progressive and also, many players need to be told to size the playback window to 100%, otherwise the player is scaling the image on playback, creating artifacts that aren't in the file.

Network Sponsors

Back