Post-Apocalyptic Short Film

Hi, everyone. I am working on a post apocalyptic short, which will be my first short film over 5-10 minutes long (it will be a full 25-30mins).

This is my first foray into producing a polished short film, and it is full of new territory for me. So I'd love to have all your input and suggestions as we go along.

I just (literally an hour ago) posted the FB page for this project. I hope some of you "Like" it and follow along our production, and make suggestions and throw us ideas along the way. It'd be great to have some help and feedback from the community in the process of making this project.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well. Thanks for any of your support, guys!

In a postapocalyptic near-future, there exists a single society; Strata -- a totalitarian dystopia ruled by a charismatic and manipulative figure-head, wherein it's denizens must adhere to strict conformity or be subject to execution or banishment. Beyond it's borders is the outskirts -- the wasteland that is the rest of the world. Starving and poor, for those on the outside it's every man for himself, as Strata's elite mercanaries (known as shepards) are sent not only to keep the 'skirts out, but to prevent and destroy any forming civilizations or organized society.

Knell, a deprogramed shepard defector, now living among the 'skirts, is being hunted by her former fellow enforcers. When she and her companion, Scrap, a mentally unhinged vagabond-warrior who raised herself alone on the outside, must fight back -- they become Stata's prime targets.

Our short film's page on Facebook

More than most

More than most

You have done more than most be getting started with a vision to accomplish. Good work. Post a link to some clips or dailies if you can.

You have done more than most be getting started with a vision to accomplish. Good work. Post a link to some clips or dailies if you can.

I really appreciate that, thank you. And yes, I definitely plan to post dailies or at least some clips of us shooting. As production moves along I'd like to post more and more to keep interest in our project alive. Production transparency seems to be an effective marketing tool for indie film.

Network Sponsors

Back