planning a move to LA

A

Alexandria

hi, wondering if anyone knows anything about some of the acting schools in LA . . . are they all the same, are they worth the money, does anyone attend any? I am moving in December and don't want to be there clueless. I want an actual school, not just classes. I have some film and theatre expirence but not much. Any help at all would be great, thank you!!!

I'm not an actor, so I can't say with personal experience, but the Howard Fine studio seems to have a good rep. Your first stop should be the Samuel French Book Store. It is chock full of actors. Just start asking!

Dan

I'm a working actor in L.A.

I'm a working actor in L.A.

I'm working here in L.A. You're about to start a huge journey. It can be really great. You can listen to my podcast which is about my experiences as a working actor and see if you find it helpful.
Visit kevingregg.net
You can also go to ITunes and search for "The Kevin Gregg Show". It's free.
Good luck to you.

Kevin Gregg

I like The Meisner Technique

I like The Meisner Technique

Hey,

I am an actress and I currently take classes at The Sanford Meisner Studio
I love it here and Alex is a very patient instructor.

You might check out classes in Meisner Technique. There is even a book you can pick up. Sanford Meisner on Acting.

Break a leg and good luck on your move!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two acting schools I know of out here that have great stats regarding numbers of working actors in their schools. One is The Beverly Hills Playhouse. And, although newer, has a fantastic program and has students booking some major stuff is The Acting Center on Hollywood Blvd.

Both focus a lot on development of skill without neglecting the tools to actually succeed. One of the reasons I like The Acting Center better is because they do these seminars a few times a month that cover everything from a Q and A with one of the BIG DOG publicists in LA (which was over three hours and I was NEVER bored and loaded with all sorts of info I never even considered) and stylists and casting directors. Many schools do this sort of thing, but charge about $150 to $600 per seminar. All of theirs are 5 to 10 bucks at most to cover the food and drink mixer at the end.

Network Sponsors

Back