NSTC video into PAL - is it possible?!

K

katsurth

Here's what I wrote on another board, but it also applies here:

"I am so close to the edge right now that if anyone annoys me I swear I'm going to kill them. I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to convert a NSTC video I made into PAL format. I tried MovieMaker 2 and now I bought the Super Video Converter and Easy DVD Creator from witcobber.com and NOTHING works. Okay, I'm wrong - they seem to work. The status bar gets close to the finish and then nothing. It freezes, it says, "ha! fooled ya! you thought you could make a movie with me? i don't think so!" Grrr!!!!!!! Of course both manufacturers are complete smeg heads and don't provide real technical support or an instruction manual."

Does anyone happen to know any good software for converting video to PAL? Or maybe does anyone use MovieMaker 2 or Super Video Converter or Easy DVD Creator by witcobber for converting to PAL. Any help and advice is greatly appreaciated!

Your best bet is to purchase higher-end editing software... like Final Cut Pro or Avid.

They are built to handle both, and conversion is as simple as exporting the file into a new format, or rendering it into the new format on a timeline in a project.

good luck.

if you don't have anyway to edit or load your project on a system that provides the different standards, another solution is to export it on a tape or dvd and then copy your film thru a a transcoder. It doesn't cost much, you could even rent one. There might be a little loss of quality but it works!

Have you tried increasing the memory allocation for your conversion program? Also..double check available HD room. Either of these can interrupt the rendering process. Creating a new pal project file..and importing your existing project..should work as well. Good luck...

Network Sponsors

Back