• Four Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three Stars

• Two Stars

• Total voters
"NO TALKING PLEASE!"

Our brief for our Media Production final project, was to make a short film 10-15 minutes long, which stuck to the 12a certificate, and could be about anything we liked.

From this I devised the dark comedy "No Talking Please!”, which I later entered into the our school Film Showcase, and ended up winning.

Brad.jpg

My Media Production course is actually one of the best in England, and winning such a title as best film maker isn't something I expected to achieve.

Either way, I would love it if you could have a look at this and give me some feedback. Unfortunately due to Youtube 'restrictions' I had to split my film into two seven minute segments.

Here's the link's
PART ONE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljHfXfCsqxw
PART TWO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny_dsVrU9H0

Thanks for your time.
Frontlinepictures.

PS.If you like my work, please tell me and i'll get right on uploading more!

Frontlinepictures said:
Any comments?
I liked it. There was only one thing that confused me. At least in part 1. When I first saw Dennis, I thought he was George. They are both of the same age, both have the same basic physique, even dressed pretty much the same, so they were at times hard to tell apart.

Perhaps it is because of the YouTube encoding and small picture size, but I would still suggest, for the future, to make your main characters easier to tell apart visually.

I liked it. Phenomenally well edited. Think it could have been a bit more imaginative in the camera work because the credit sequence at the beginning sets up a style that isn't really evident for most of the film (except the montage). But I realise that time and probably having no money (like all us film students :) ) are the cause of this. Also, the sound quality was a little ropey, but again this is probably a cause of the equipment you have access to.

But yeah, great titles and graphics and sound/image editing and the film was entertaining :D

I liked it. There was only one thing that confused me. At least in part 1. When I first saw Dennis, I thought he was George. They are both of the same age, both have the same basic physique, even dressed pretty much the same, so they were at times hard to tell apart.

Perhaps it is because of the YouTube encoding and small picture size, but I would still suggest, for the future, to make your main characters easier to tell apart visually.

Ahh thanks. Perhaps it's just the encoding, because in real life Chris (who plays Dennis) has the most outlandish ginger hair, and i just have quite long brown hair.
Unfortunatley because it was shot on a £0 budget I didn't really have much of a choice between between potential actors.

I liked it. Phenomenally well edited. Think it could have been a bit more imaginative in the camera work because the credit sequence at the beginning sets up a style that isn't really evident for most of the film (except the montage). But I realise that time and probably having no money (like all us film students ) are the cause of this. Also, the sound quality was a little ropey, but again this is probably a cause of the equipment you have access to.

But yeah, great titles and graphics and sound/image editing and the film was entertaining

Thanks Chewie, I'm especially pleased that you picked up on all the things I was in charge of :D (the editing, intro sequence)
The sound, with which I agree with you lets the production down a tad, even though we were using professional boom mics, i'm not entirely sure how it remained so quiet.

Even though I directed the piece I didn't have much say on the shot angles (the main two shots i suggested were the 'DENNIS DEAD' one and the Pint Glass one.)

But Thanks again for the kind words.

Network Sponsors

Back