newbie - have to render clips every time I drag into timelin

G

Grainy

help! Every time I drag my clips into the time line I have to re-render them, and then again when I move them around.
I've read around online and found lots of references to how the sequence and the clips need to be the same somehow, but I couldn't figure out what this meant looking in the manual.
This is a big long project, it's in one sequence broken up into many bins.
Is that part of the problem?
THe original footage is off some public domain DVDs.
thanks so much!
Grainy

Hello again!
I actually was able to see that my sequence was dvcpro50-ntsc, while all my footage was dvpro50-nts (no "c"). So I changed that and everything seems to be working great.
the only exception (here's my follow up question) is that using regular text titles (FCP's, not boris) and a new font seemes to require re-rendering everytime I move them. Can this also be avoided?
thanks much!
G

Grainy said:
(here's my follow up question) is that using regular text titles (FCP's, not boris) and a new font seemes to require re-rendering everytime I move them. Can this also be avoided?
thanks much!
G

Rerendering should be required in Boris as well. when you move a title or change a font then the frames are changed, ie different font or the media underneath when moved. Rerendering is usually always required unless it's over black or something like that.

Network Sponsors

Back