New HDV from Sony

Dill

Today I heard (on the grapes) that Sony will shortly be releasing a new HDV camera. Accorpding to source, using large size dv tape with INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES.

Of course this is a completely un-official post. Had it from a source in the TV industry in Japan.

Anyone else heard this, or know any more?

Don't know, but anyone thinking about Sony Z1U/J, Canon XH A/G1, XL H1, Panasonic HVX200 or JVC GY-HD100 might be very interested, eh. I know I am...

Well I guess the question on you picking someting, needs to start with: What are you going to be shooting? Each Camera has it's own application. However the Hvx200 is the most diverse. P2 is amazing with it's workflow, however expensive, it is very true to the film and it's workflow. :) Hvx also has several 35mm adapters, for Nikon, Zies(spelling) and a few more.

Best of Luck,

check out this forum for many video clips.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=57

I use the Sony Z1U at my place of employment. Although its function at my work is subpar, the small documentary I filmed with it was fantastic. Interchangeable lenses for this camera would make it nice; however, its function as a budget HD recording cam would be changed. Interchangeable lenses would make this a much different camera, and I would probably not want a Pro-Sumer Interchangeable-Lense camera at the cost of the Z1U. As surjones said, "Each Camera has it's own application."

If it is marketed in the same area as the Z1U, I would like to see how the different lenses will be adapted, as it complicates this rather simple design more than I feel it should.

Yes you're right, it does depend on what your shooting and also on personal user preference, I'm saying I heard they will be releasing a camera like this, and not particularly being a fan of Canon (from a user point of view) I liked the sound of what I heard.

If anyone can confirm this rumour...

Network Sponsors

Back