need some advice/help

G

guyhead

i am making a short film for my college project where teh end scene is a battle scene between 2 mini armys, gonna be filmind in the style of the lord of the rings films and gangs of new york battle scenes.
i just need some advice on how to do certain thigs and make them look good

1.i wanna make a bat with spikes sticking out of it, the spikes are gonna be made of rubber, just would like to know if anyone knows of what woudl be the best spray paint, paint to use to make them look real.

2. what would be the best way to shot a sword thrusting through someones stomach?

my idea for the sword going through the stomach was to cut the sword in2 and gaffer each side to the front and back of the vitium, or course would be shot to not show the sword going in but to just have the affter effect like i said above
do you think this would work?

your help woudl be very much appreciated

it sounds nearly incomprehensibly impossible to film lord of the rings for a college short. if it must be done, i'd recommend shooting at night and focusing on very small parts of the battle. maybe you could just use a montage of close ups of swords and axes doing damage to limbs and use a lot of background soundtrack to create the sounds of battle. looking forward to seeing some screenshots!!

thanks for the reply
but yeah it is not gonna be the same as LOTR of course, just filmed in the same style like you said close up, and using mid shots and not showing any long shots, concentrating on the battle between 2 men, and them killilng each other, jacksopn does this well and he likes his close ups i have noticed.

i am probably gonna record foley and and otehr stuff in a studio to get a good soundof swords clashing and blades cutting the flesh or in a grave yard like LOTR haha

but filming at night is a big no, i have to use a digital camera and even then best ones of them and still crap in the dark, so it has to be in the day time, might get a fog machine as well if i can get a big enough battery

and it shoudl look good, all apart from the actors performance :(

On the sword front, I was just watching a showreel video which included a scene from 'The Last Samurai', and it appears they used a digital sword for some of those shots: Tom Cruise would move his hand towards a guy and then they composited in a sword which appeared to come out the other guy's back.

Network Sponsors

Back