Need help with explosion type effect

CraigF1210

I'm using Final Cut pro 6 for a school project and I've been trying to think of a way to put an explosion into my film but i can't think of any way i can do it because i can't actually blow something big up so I was wondering if anyone could help me with a way to make the effect work

Motion 2 has some cool particle emission effects like explosions. If you have that app you might be able to mess around with those effects.

I have motion 3 but and i tried drawing ontop of a blank template and the particles looked great but I've never used motion before so the best i can do is white particles, is there an ways to draw in other than white or would i be able to make something of other colors into particles?

I haven't messed around with drawing in motion, I've just used the built in particle emissions that are in the library. There are ways to add those in and manipulate them in 3D.

It is often hard to get particle effects to look real...if that is what you are going for.

I recommend using REAL explosion footage, and laying it into your footage. The best place to go for tips on this is www.detonationfilms.com
They have a bunch of free stock fire and explosion clips, and tons of tutorials on how to add them into your footage! :)

Re: Need help with explosion type effect

CraigF1210 said:
I'm using Final Cut pro 6 for a school project and I've been trying to think of a way to put an explosion into my film but i can't think of any way i can do it because i can't actually blow something big up so I was wondering if anyone could help me with a way to make the effect work

why not? it's cheaper than you might think

I second that thought - Detonation Films is an awesome place for stock explosions and tons of other great stuff like muzzle flashes and smoke.

Brian

Network Sponsors

Back