My first short film

DCK

Hi guys!
My name is Dick Chua. I just finished shooting my first short film in 16mm, it's now in post production.
Meanwhile, I've made this trailer for fun.
So check it out if you're interested! Thanks!
:arrow: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Thank you! :D

It's a small student production. We have 10 crews including me. And we shot in 5 days.

Here's the poster that I created for the film... :p

poster_small.jpg

Brilliant!!! The female lead did a good job in the trailer...There is just a little inconsistency in the music and the shots (dont worry just found it in one instance!)...you need a narrator to add some zist in the trailer...

btw I am a newbie...just saw your trailer had to register and comment....music is terrific though!!!

Job well done! :)

Re: My first short film

DCK said:
Hi guys!
My name is Dick Chua. I just finished shooting my first short film in 16mm, it's now in post production.
Meanwhile, I've made this trailer for fun.
So check it out if you're interested! Thanks!
:arrow: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

I just watched your trailer and I have to say - I think it looks like a beautiful story. The story seems interesting and the photography was beautiful, too! Great work. :)

hey great movie poster and trailer! It looks like broadcast quality to me! can you tell us more about your shooting experience?
1. How did you find these actors?
2. Where was it shot?
3. How did you find your DP?
4. What type of lighting package did you have?
5. Total cost of production? vs. total cash paid out? (DP could have worked for discount/free..)

Thanks for sharing and keep us up to date! Any plans yet for once it's done?

Mark

Dick,

Very nice trailer! Are we going to be able to see the short?

That was great I really enjoyed it. Maybe fix the audio a bit couldn't hear your actress in some parts but, other than that it was great.

Hello DCK,

I just saw the trailer you produced and i really like it. Yes, since I am not experienced in making short trailers, could you let me/us know about your making of the trailer? Did you write a screenplay before? Is it an adopted sound (i mean the music) from other sources or did you make it on your own? The sound is eccellent! How expensive did the trailer end up?

Michael

Wow! I haven't been here for a while and I am really glad to see so many replies!! Been busying with other productions in school, and everything is almost finish now. For LIVE LIFE, we had just done the color timing in TECHNICOLOR (if any of you know), and I would say the result is pretty good! :)

ssdd: Thanks for the comments and suggestion. I made the trailer myself in Premiere even before the final cut, so many things are not perfect, not even good. The music is good in the trailer because it is taken from a movie soundtrack, haha~ I used it temporary for trailer because I haven't found myself a composer yet that time.

violettak: Thank you! I hope it is a beautiful story too!

markcheng:
1. We basically just sent out the casting information and sides to different agencies and actor studios in town. The school also has alot records of actors for us to look at.
2. It was shot in Vancouver downtown. All the interior was shot in studio.
3. The DP is one of my classmate and my best friend.
4. We used basically 2k, Arri 1000w & 300w, reflector board, c-stands, gels, nets & flags etc.
5. We spent around CAD1000 (actors, crew and equipments are free)

I'm working on my next short, which I hope to shoot in my country after graduated from school end of this month.

Fenix511: Thank you. The school provided the budget of CAD600, and I spent around 400 from my pocket.

Filmosity: Thanks! So glad you liked it! I would post it online once it's done. :)

nabskater: Thank you for the compliment! :)

bproductions: Thank you. I didn't really fix much about the sound myself, but thank you for pointing that out. The audio in the trailer are all purely production sounds without the proper sound design and mixing yet.

Michael: Thanks! I made the trailer by cutting out shots from the rough cut I had rendered that time. No I don't, that was the first screenplay I wrote. The music in the trailer was taken from an actual movie soundtrack called 'The Road Home'. I had to do that because I couldn't afford a music composed for the trailer at that time, and also, it's just something i made for fun. :)

Thanks again for the replies! I hope I answered your questions and please forgive me for my bad english.... :cry:

yeh, looks very good. the sound could be a little better but apart from that i think its ace. we gona be able to see the whole thing?

Hi, brillaint...

Hi, brillaint...

Man, I've been looking for you Dick Chua. I saw your trailer on your tube and I tried asking people to find about the film. I really liked what I saw and I really felt something inside because I have a few friends who are blind, and they've commented many a times, saying, "many have eyes but they take them for granted. We have eyes but we still can see so much more."

Hope to hear from you. The sound track you chose is amazing, you chose well mate, brillaint choice! I am no expert in films but I say, that's better cause we go with feeling not technical and I feel, this is going to be a great film to watch. Just wish I know how to get hold of it as myself and our family love films that can teach us a lot about what we take for granted.

DC, a friend of yours when you went to school...

DC, a friend of yours when you went to school...

Hey DC

I just found one guy, he use to go to school with you. Must be a good mate because he speaks highly of you. pm me so I can give you his email. Be good to keep in touch with school mates, life short mate.

Network Sponsors

Back