Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK

• Watchable

• Total voters
L

Laws@Productions

:D Here is a link to my first amateur movie, called 'Mind Trip'. It's about a boy who has weird day dreams (mind trips). In these sometimes he looses concentration or maybe they are just what he is thinking. Please leaves comments and rate on YouTube.

Any constructive criticism welcome!

Thanks alot

A journey of 1000 miles must begin with a single step...

A journey of 1000 miles must begin with a single step...

Alright! Good job making and getting your stuff out there. First off, tinker with that compression because YouTube had its way with your video which will always take away from the effect of the film even if it isn't your fault. When answering the phone, use the upstage hand so the viewers can see your actor's face. Block the face and lose the connection. The dialogue was a bit stiff so in future projects flesh that out beforehand. I also don't think it's necessary to introduce the "mind trip" sound effect before every break with reality. If you present the change with a bit of finesse the viewers are going to be smart enough to figure it out. When using the slow motion effects, I think it would be better if you didn't slow the music along with the video. Also, when you've planned to slow footage in post, increase the shutter speed of your camera so it will increase the quality of the slow-mo. You've got some interesting shots in there that were truly creative. With more experience and maybe some formal training/good reading you'll be making even better stuff in no time.

thanks for the advice :D

I've taken all the advice on board to make my next amateur movie a even bigger success - however this have been a steep learning curve :lol:

No problem! That's what this place is for: fellowship and learning. Keep practicing and keep writing and you'll end up right where you're supposed to be. Be sure to send me a link when you finish your next film. Cheers!

(By the way, I friggin' love your accent. That's just the provincial American coming out in me! Sorry.)

Network Sponsors

Back