my film 'ironic detachment'

jusgo27

hey, im new the form, my name is graham and im in the post production stage of a film called ironic detachment....this is my intro...tell me what ya think

IRONIC DETACHMENT
We all know college is supposed to be a learning experience…..a chance to find out who we are and discover what we want to do with our lives. Some venture to redefine themselves to portray a more acceptable college image. Why, cause we all know that our high school images are in the past, I mean it was three months ago. This new image seems to transform sobers to drunks, virgins to morally casuals, and weirdo’s……well they aren’t in college because college is for cool kids only. Whatever weirdo’s that do exist are marginalized and subordinated by the cool kids. Besides, college is for fun and for partying. When else in our lives will we have no rules, a 1000 emergency only credit line our parents trust us with, and the availability to screen the parental units calls and avoid them completely, until they discover instant messenger. I like to call us the newly independents.

Then there are the kids who feel that because of their arrival at college they feel they should raise their morals or become someone else. Of course these morals and false images never seem to last. The thugs go prep, ass holes to Mr. nice guys, and there is always that one newly ambitious independent who tries to present him in a way he has never acted before in his entire life. Now that he’s in college his high school G.P.A went from a 2.8 to about a 3.8, SAT score jumped 400 points, head his high schools community service club, and hell, in his free time he read to the blind. Now that he’s in college he tells his new colleagues all about his goals he wants to accomplish in life, everything from president of the U.S to finding the cure for cancer. The funny thing is his high school accomplishments and career pursuits never happen until his freshman orientation week. For once he was somewhere where no body knew him. He suddenly had a chance to prove he wasn’t a looser like he had been the last 18 years of his life. The problem for these kids is that they forget about their new images about half way through the fall of their freshman semester. They give up and go back to their true selves.

Then there are the newly independents who go outside of what parents call our ‘comfort zones’ and meet new and different people. I fell in that category and met my best friend Kevin Lepore, k-dawg, chalky, animal whatever. Smart-no, ambitious-hard to say because he is an assistant manager at a burger king, rich-don’t know because he hides his family pictures but there is speculation his sister is hot. No, K-Dawg is about 6 1’ looks like a 15 year old and can’t run right because his big toes are immovable joint’s. He gets drunk, dances and strips for girls. He’s had one girl friend in his life, it was his freshman year in high school and she was a black girl named Shaniqua, im being serious. Did he ever drink in high school, a typical Kevin response is ‘yea like water and stuff.’ He once thought a balloon in the back seat of my car was a black man trying to jump us. No Kevin came to college with no goal to form a new image because he never had one before, ironically. He’s like a hand fed domesticated wolf just released into the wild in search of a pack to hang out with. I just happen to be fortunate enough to be in that pack. Differently unique is a good way of putting it. While the majority of students become newly independents, Kevin has become a newly individual, incomparable to others. Attached to society while at the same time detached, ironically. Ladies and gentleman, the title speaks for itself. Kevin Lepore is Ironic Detachment. He speaks it, bleeds it, its his entire being. There is no one else on this earth who is like him and that’s why I a have found inspiration to do this documentary. Sure he can be compared to people like William Hung, that looser actor that’s in road trip and the new guy, or Napoleon Dynamite. But that’s not reality. This is. This is the story of a kid who has never been exposed to true American culture or even a culture we can compare to in general. I know present you, ironic detachment, staring Kevin lepore.

You're going to have all of that in there? That's a lot if you are - I'd make it more concise and a little less repeatitive. It just needs some more drafts - interesting idea though.

its got tarantino depth with seinfeld humour.........you would understand if you met the dude.......im gonna have a website up soon

tarantino depth? he's all surface last time i checked :p

looking forward to the website

Well I respect your opinion, but do feel differently. 'Tarantinoism' is its only genre of film itself. The depth, cliches, music, and humour seperate it and make it incomparable to others. It's ironic humour which I love to watch. When else can you watch a mans ear getting cut off while listening to 'stuck in the middle with you', contemplate if a quarter pounder with cheese is really called a royal with cheese in France, or see the depth involved in his feminist statement in his Kill Bill series. It's reality so unreal..........its sureal. Thanks for your insight though, the website wont be up for quite some time....way to bizzy with the end of the school year.

um ok

um ok

well i respect your thoughts but i def. disagree, bc if you really care about film then you would understand his depth and focal point of every film.....he has a perspective unlike any other film writer or director.....his humour, his surreal perspective, his reality, and his commercial attitude toward everything.

hey listen I DO really care about film, but we disagree on tarantino it seems - there are no absolutes

if you really care about film then you would understand his depth and focal point of every film

If you really care about film, you'd have seen all the movies he's ripping off :).

Network Sponsors

Back