Movies that have influenced you

adesantes

I'm curious to hear what movies you guys have found really influential to you. Y'know how sometimes you watch a movie that just rocks your understanding of what a film can be and what a film can do? Or just changed the way you look at movies? What are some films that have done that for you guys?

I've got a couple that really stuck with me. Not just as good movies, but as movies that changed my thinking.

Eternal Sunshine has been one of my favorites for a long time. I'm just amazed at how well all the elements of film come together in it. The acting is fantastic, the screenwriting brilliant, the sound design and music completely perfect, the cinematography breathtaking, and the visual effects amazing. And they all work perfectly in sync.

Dog Day Afternoon made me understand what good pacing and tension in film could be like... and that great storytelling didn't rely on showy camera movements/angles or sweeping scores, but on subtle and intricate details.

I also watched The Forbidden Room recently, which was a fantastic experience. Totally different from anything I've ever seen. The way the unrelated narratives just become embedded in each other... such an interesting experiment while still being extremely entertaining.

I could go on... but I'll save 'em for later. What about you guys?

I think every movie I see has influenced me but some stand out at different times in my life. I don't think that if I saw some of the movies I saw as a kid they would have the same impact on me if I saw them as an adult.

Start Wars
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
God Father
Good Will Hunting
Ground Hog Day
Pulp Fiction
Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid
The Good Bad and The Ugly
Requiem from a Dream
Leaving Las Vegas
The Birds
Alien

Last edited:
Entertaining the reasoning of the author, but in many ways this is true. Although I think the film is a little boring. I love Comedy movies, because they really help to cope with depression and lift your spirits in this difficult time. Often watch online videos such as on the website http://putlockers.video/.

Network Sponsors

Back