Movie Maker Program that Supports Canon Vixia HFR10 Footage?

Red Roses2

I just got this camcorder for Christmas, and I really like how I'm finally able to properly film something. (It came with a tripod and a microphone.) But after I got the footage onto the computer - thinking I'd be able to edit it - I realized I couldn't edit it with the programs that came on the camcorder's discs, and my movie maker wouldn't support the file. I have Windows Movie Maker 2.6. I am aware that that isn't the best movie maker out there, but I'm a college student who doesn't make much money.

Do any of you know what movie maker would be able to support the files on my Canon Vixia HFR10 camcorder?

(On a different note, if any of you can tell me whether or not pressing the WEB button after recording turns the HD footage into something more palpable to upload onto Youtube, that'd be great.)

test everything

test everything

For sure test everything. Each and every possible setting and combination of settings and yes it makes sense that there is a good possibility the web button might help with web video! :)

Ugh

Ugh

I'm still having trouble finding a program that can support my HD footage on my camcorder. Final Cut won't do it, and I can't download any necessary programs onto the school Macs.

I have a PC, and the only program I know of as of right now is Adobe Premier. Does anyone know if it supports AVCHD files? Has anyone had experience with Adobe Premier? :confused:

On a brighter note, I have a tripod for my camera, and I finally know how my microphone works.

Network Sponsors

Back