Mini DV sound/in line mike

Gary Owens

I have a Panasonic PV-DV52 MiniDV camera. It has a built in mike but no
"IN LINE" option. (When I bought it I wasn't into filmmaking). Can anyone advise me on how one might rig a jack for in line audio so I can use a 'shot gun' mike as to aquire better sound with dialogue. PLEASE HELP!!
Gary

Audio for Commercial Cameras

Audio for Commercial Cameras

Well there are a number of ways to get better audio into a Mini DV camera. What is most important is that you have at least a mini jack mic input.

With a mic level input you can get a Beachtek adapter. I use the DXA-4 when I'm using my Sony VX-2000. This adapter allows you to convert your quality microphone to record in through the mini DV mic Jack.

Warning! Make sure your microphone wether it be shotgun or otherwise has it's own power! If not then you will need one of the other Beachtek adapters that offers this "Phantom Power" option. The often used and wonderful Senheiser 416 shotgun requires phantom power!

hes saying he does not have a mic jack I believe those cameras do not come with a mic input sorry but you are out of luck. I made sure mine had one I have the higher version the 150.

Network Sponsors

Back