Looking for prop guns that are in or can ship to Canada.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a small time filmmaker in Toronto, Canada and need some help finding some blank firing or prop guns for sale, That can ship or is in Canada. I've checked into all rental companies and the rentals cost about 100 per gun a week with a minimum of a week rental. I'm looking for anything prop gun related (Leaning towards a Beretta Chrome) but anything will do.

Thanks,

TwilightFilmsInc

Just be careful if you do find them: even blank-firers can be dangerous... particularly when you hand them to actors :).

I remember one actor on a shoot I worked on was rather glad that he only suffered a little singing when he stuffed a loaded blank-firing gun down the waistband of his pants with his finger still on the trigger...

Re: Looking for prop guns that are in or can ship to Canada.

TwilightFilmsInc said:
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a small time filmmaker in Toronto, Canada and need some help finding some blank firing or prop guns for sale, That can ship or is in Canada. I've checked into all rental companies and the rentals cost about 100 per gun a week with a minimum of a week rental. I'm looking for anything prop gun related (Leaning towards a Beretta Chrome) but anything will do.

Thanks,

TwilightFilmsInc

I'm looking for the same thing, and I'm in Toronto, too. Maybe we could help each other out somehow.

There is a great company called "airsoft" which makes very realistic looking gas powered gun which shoot BB's, and have realistic recoil.

They are at:
http://www.airsoftadventure.co.uk

But, unfortunately, they wont ship to Canada. You have to buy them second hand through ebay.

I also found this link to an arms rental place in TO
www.moviearms.com

But their website isn't up yet.

Where did you get a 100 per gun per week quote from??
Yeah, chrome berettas are cool. This one is VERY cool.
http://www.airsoftadventure.co.uk/ishop/1066/shopscr448.html

Perhaps we can share info.

Send me your email or a website link so we can keep in touch.

I would like to reiterate concerns made in the second post. Make sure you have a arms master that has a great respect and knowledge of weapons. Even if you are using air guns, they are still very dangerous.

Put one person in charge and make sure they check the guns after every single shot. Barrels, breaches, safetys, etc. Everything should be checked and cleared after every single shot.

"Real" prop guns have killed numerous actors, and only because the weapons master was not diligent in his duties. Airsoft guns are still very dangerous (I know being on the receiving end of them many times playing games.), and even though death is a small possibility, it's still very easy to be maimed permanently by them.

Yeah, true: even airsoft guns can cause permanent damage to eyes or other sensitive parts of the body.

Also, if you let the actors look after the guns they're using they have a tendency to go wandering around the location with a realistic-looking gun in their hand in order to 'get into character'. Not a good idea when someone sees them and call the police.

So, yeah, better to be safe than sorry and have someone you can trust in charge of the guns any time you're not actively shooting.

Hey guys,

I've known about ASC for quite a while now, and am i member there myself.

Matt:

I've found some guys from my airsoft contacts that can get you a peice of equipment you need for your shoot. (Besides those on the Canadian Retailers list) Add me to msn at poetsintheworld@hotmail.com so we can talk about this more.

Yeah ive used airsoft guns for all my shooting. You only need to do small modificvations, if any to them and they look real.

i have blank guns for sale im in vancouver

i have blank guns for sale im in vancouver

400 ea. chrome black gold you name it i have it 1911 .45 m9 compacts

Hey Bud I’m in need of your help like the gentleman above and looking for replica/blank gun NOT An AIRSOFT as I need the real effect from firing. if you can help me then can you send me link of what you have available and pictures as well if you have them to my email kyle8041@hotmail.com

Hey guys,

I've known about ASC for quite a while now, and am i member there myself.

Matt:

I've found some guys from my airsoft contacts that can get you a peice of equipment you need for your shoot. (Besides those on the Canadian Retailers list) Add me to msn at poetsintheworld@hotmail.com so we can talk about this more.
I don’t have MSN but can you email me Kyle8041@hotmail.com so we can discuss further please! thanks for your help

Have you considered using airsoft guns? They look and feel like real guns :)

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

TwilightFilmsInc
There is a lot of talk about airsoft here. There is a comment that it can still put an eye out. I would like to comment on that.

I have two Tokyo Marui gas blow back airsoft guns. Both came with two tiny pieces of plastic that you can use on two magazines for each gun. I'm sure you could find those little plastic things if you needed more..

The little plastic part 'fools' the gun into thinking that there are BB's in it, so it fires without having to even use BB's.

There are also plastic covers for the end of the barrel included with Tokyo Marui guns. They don't allow for a BB to go through, but a gas does. They are bright red but could be painted. The hand guns only come with a plug tho..

The other brands don't seem to come with these little ad ons, no little plastic bits for the magazines to be fooled, no plastic barrel end cover.

There is a gas blow back gun available in both 4.5mm 'airgun' form, and also available in airsoft form. It doesn't care whether or not BB's are in it to fire. I'm sure there are others as well. It's called the kwa mini Uzi, I believe there are other brands available that are the same gun. I believe there is also an identical umarex bad blowback 4.5mm airgun that would do the same. Very very good replica, the "blow back" hurts my cheek every time I shoot it. Very realistic, no gun powder is all.

There is a new(ish) product available. It's called a spitfire tracer usually. I have one called an acetech bifrost tracer unit. This device looks like a suppressor of flash hider, but it creates a simulation muzzle flash on gas blowback Airsoft guns. *However, as wonderful as this truely is and it does look very realistic! It requires a BB to go through it in order to work unfortunately, bringing us back to the issue of possibly putting an eye out on set.

I hope this helps!

P.S. go on an airsoft forum or find teams and airsoft Fields on Facebook. You could more than likely rent this stuff from players and they're stuff will likely be nicely worn for camera. The Tokyo Marui products are made of abs plastic more than the other brands by far, so they don't show as much wear that way fyi.. other brands are full metal but a camera can't tell. Easily stripped down and painted either way.

Last edited:
Yeah, true: even airsoft guns can cause permanent damage to eyes or other sensitive parts of the body.

Also, if you let the actors look after the guns they're using they have a tendency to go wandering around the location with a realistic-looking gun in their hand in order to 'get into character'. Not a good idea when someone sees them and call the police.

So, yeah, better to be safe than sorry and have someone you can trust in charge of the guns any time you're not actively shooting.
On the film I directed ‘Land Uncharted’ our main actress used a real gun (hunting rifle from the forties) with her on location in a public area. Passers by were frightened, but only because they feared her rifle meant a bear might be lurking nearby (coincidentally, some scenes revolved around a killer cave bear chasing hapless explorers). We also used spray painted dollar store guns and a dummy pineapple hand grenade, as well as weapon props from Spirit Halloween.

Network Sponsors

Back