Loglines for Screenplays?

Paul Holloway

Post your logline for your screenplay and maybe the summary of it and maybe others can come up with a catchy logline. The screenplay I am writing is a hard one. The antagonist doesn't show up till the last 30 minutes. Anyway here is my screenplay logline. I want to create a great logline that stands out.

"A struggling artist leaves behind his girlfriend and relocates with family. He finds a new love interest but soon disappears. When he tries to find her, the answers will lead him to a place he never thought possible"

It isn't wise to share the logline of an incomplete script. The really well written logline of a high concept script is like gold to people who know how to pitch. If you don't have the story written and registered, then you are SOL when someone writes it for you and makes the payday.

That aside, your logline could use some polish. The site Two Adverbs has one of the best written pieces on loglines available http://twoadverbs.site.aplus.net/logline.pdf good luck!

Here's a couple three logs...

Here's a couple three logs...

COMEDY ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD WGAw Reg. 1373797

A wannabe screenwriter on a hunt for a legendary piece of Sinatra memorabilia is hampered by the competition and an irate meth dealer. Life and Times on the streets of Hollywood.

Sci Fi COMMAND DESCION WGAw Reg. 1462530

The lone surviving officer of a spaceship disaster is forced to contend with mutiny among the surviving passengers while the ship falls apart around her.

ACTION ACTION, INC: THE FEAR BRINGERS WGAw Reg. 1515973

A man’s quest for revenge mutates into a fight for hard justice when he falls in with an extraordinary multi-racial family out to destroy a Drug Cartel.

COMEDY, ADULT ALIEN JUNCTION WGAw Reg. # 1246277

A 40 year-old bachelor on his way to Las Vegas to get married is so engrossed with questioning his own motivation that he fails to notice he has become the subject of an alien experiment into human psychology.

Network Sponsors

Back