Live Capture through firewire 400?

nummerzes

I need to shoot someone in front of a small Chromaflex greenscreen. Is it possible to capture live from my dvcam recording mode through firewire in to Final Cut Pro 6, so that I don't have to record to tape first?

Thanks,
Nummerzes

I haven't done it with a video camera live but I've done with a Pyro A/V link when I was recapturing one of my DVDs into Final Cut Pro 6. It has to do with the Capture and Device Control Presets. In Audio Video Settings set the Device Control preset to "Non Controllable Device." That should allow the log and capture screen to capture live but I am not totally sure on that using a camera. You may have to mess around with all those settings until it all works.

It won't make any difference going to tape or straight to computer with DVCam, the exact same data gets recorded.

You may want to look into a really nice, affordable application made specifically for chroma key shooting called VeeScope Live (veescope.com). It will record directly to a QT movie file, and has tools built in to help evaluate how well your shot is set up before you record.

Network Sponsors

Back