License free music

F

fernzy

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some suggestions for a student film I'm making. I need to get a hold of some Irish music to use in the film that is free of license, copyright etc. I have tried creative commons and podsafe audio but no luck.

Any help would be reeeeeally appreciated.

Cheers,
Fernzy

Do you know of any Irish bands in your area? Have you done a google search? Sometimes you can simply ask the band itself, and many times if they're not signed by a label they'll be more than happy to let you use their music.

There are also composers here on SF who might be able to help you with your project. You should post this question in the composing forum.

-Chris

Thanks for that Chris. I have tried searching for Irish bands but had no luck. I'll try my post on the composing forum. Thanks!

Fernzy

Irish Music

Irish Music

Hi,

You can get some fairly good Irish music via royalty free libraries like Flying Hands:

http://www.flyinghands.com/style-mp3+irish.html

Depending on the length of the cut, the cost can be as little as $9 for a short cut to around $30 for the full piece.

If these don't suit your movie, put "royalty free music irish" in Yahoo or Google and you will get a lot more options.

Best of luck.

JimT

Thanks Jim, I tried to listen to the tracks at flyinghands.com but I kept getting the error "cannot open file. please verify that the path and file name are correct and try again". Does anyone know how I could fix this?

I tried many other sites like this from a google search but haven't quite been able to find a piece that fits the mood of the film and it also affordable.

I've tried www.productiontrax.com, www.partnersinrhyme.com, www.musicbakery.com, www.royaltyfreemusic.com, www.magnatune.com, www.uniquetracks.com, www.soundrangers.com, www.opuzz.com, www.incompetech.com, www.musicloops.com, www.cssmusic.com, www.sounddogs.com, www.iamusic.com and others but had no luck :(

If you know of any other sites that provide royalty free music please let me know.

Cheers,
Fernzy

Flying Hands

Flying Hands

Check the paragraph titled "Compatibility" on Flying Hands home page and make sure you have the right plug ins. Other than that I haven't a clue.

You seem to have hit all the libraries that I know about. If I came across some others, I will post them.

Good luck with your search.

JimT

Network Sponsors

Back