Leica Inquiry

astel

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, as well as film making for the most part. I'm looking to get started and have been trying to find an entry level camera that suits my needs. I currently don't have much knowledge regarding video. I have a fairly limited budget but will be going to Thailand at the end of the month and hope to get some footage. I know someone selling a Leica V Lux 1 for cheap, it seems to be a good choice from what I've read.

A sample of the type of footage I hope to achieve is linked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90tFhDKrVfg

I realize that this is made on film and to achieve that myself will require lots of editing work. I just wanted some opinions on how viable this is with the Leica V Lux, or any other entry level camera. If it isn't, by all means steer me in a different direction, I'm having a hard time finding information.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Alex

Very true, I thought I specified. I would ideally be spending 400 or below if possible. The Leica I found is 350. I know the Panasonic Lumix is around this pricepoint too, and since I shoot canon I am considering upgrading to a t3i. My main concern is getting the video that I desire seeing as I don't know much about it yet.

Network Sponsors

Back