Kitchen Horror: When you are all alone in the kitchen

Swati Panda

Name
Swati Panda
Date
5 April 2023
Sometimes we are in our kitchen all alone and various thoughts come into our minds. What if they really turn true? Presenting a series of kitchen horror stories. This concept came into my mind when I was trying to switch on my mixer and it didn't happen. I was in another room and heard a Grrrrrr. It was fun making these. I needed a break from "Bouquet of Lies". So I went ahead. Filmmaking can be really exhaustive process and drains you. But it should be fun at times, so that we enjoy the creative process.
In this film, I tried to balance silence and noise, special effects and plain expressions. I realised as a filmmaker, what is most important is balance. Sometimes we feel too greedy to give too much effect but it becomes like too much makeup that makes even a beautiful person ugly. Sound effects are of course the most important and I found some creepy sounds. I used two LED lights and a normal Canon mirrorless camera. I wanted to make it a fully continuous shot, it couldn't happen, but I made my best attempt. But I find the subtle creepy sounds very threatening, more than the noisy ones. All horror films are based on human psychology of the fear of the unknown. I will release more kitchen horror shorts soon. Feedbacks are welcome.

I am always afraid that something in the kitchen is going to catch fire and I wonder how I will react. I don't know why I have these thoughts, to be honest.

Network Sponsors

Back