I've got blank firing guns but should I call cops?

DaikengoX

I plan to shoot this film I'm writing (a short crime drama) and I pretty much have all the equipment. However, my number one concern is when I'm using the blank firing guns, should I notify the local police beforehand? I don't want neighbors, or anybody else, calling the cops on us and I sure as hell don't want to be shot by the police.

Comments would be helpful. Has anybody shot a film with replica guns? I live on Long Island in New York by the way.

Anytime you're working with guns, even blank-loaded, it is a good idea to inform the police of the intended use, planned filming dates and times, etc... Especially make sure to let your neighbors know about it; that's simple courtesy, especially in a city environment. If your neighbor were shooting a crime drama and you weren't informed and you suddenly had what sounded like guns being fired next door wouldn't you want to know not to worry about it? What's good is to let them know of your plans, try to give them a rough idea of when such events might take place and apologize in advance for any inconvenience you might cause them... Happy neighbors = happy filming...

If you had to ask if you could use blank firing guns in public, then you should have just called the police, just dont dial 911( omg this is scary i almost forgot 911 i was typing 991) get the stations actual number its just as long as any number.

Yeah, I was going to do that anyway but I was just wondering if there were laws I needed to be aware of or if blank firing guns make such a loud noise anyway.

Well, I fired it today in a basement without ear muffs. Let me tell you... I'm not doing that again. My ears rang like a mofo. I'm definitely going to need to call the cops if I plan to use this in the public. Thanks for replying.

Network Sponsors

Back