Is this a bootleg of Final Draft 7 or something?

S

Strikerx

I just recently bought Final Draft 7 on ebay, and received it yesterday. The description was "Sealed, New." So of course, that is exactly how it looked, new and unopened.

However, when I took a look at the bottom of the cd (where the information is copied/written into) the surface had a greenish tint to it, much like how those CD-R/CD+R writable CD's look and I could see the "outline" of the contents copied into the CD. I thought that a legitimate CD should have a silver surface where you couldn't see the outline of the copied contents, no? Aside from that, everything else looks "legitimate."

I did notice (in very small print) that the cd had "CD-R" on the middle plastic portion of the cd, near the center hole. Is this a legitimate cd? or was I fooled? If anyone has this version or Final Draft, can you please double check?

I have not tried installing the software yet.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Dunno, but it sounds dodgy; mine came in a cardboard box, I think with a basic manual and some other odds and ends (it's in the UK right now, so I can't check).

Is there a CD key with it?

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.

Well, mine came in a box as well. As mentoned, everything looks to be authentic. It came "sealed", with manual, ads, and activation/registration stickers, etc. But its just that the bottom of the disc looks like a CD-R(well, actually, it does say CD-R in center "donut hole" plastic portion of the cd).

Maybe that's the type of discs that the company uses? Can you check yours if possible?

Thanks!

Unfortunately my disk is on the other side of the Atlantic! I just brought the installer file on a USB drive and the CD key when I moved to Canada.

I guess you could see whether you can register it on the Final Draft site; if so, it's presumably OK. If not, you can report the seller to them :).

Network Sponsors

Back