Introduction and some of my work

briceman

Hey all, my name is Brandon, I reside in Los Angeles. I am an independant filmmaker. I specialize in editing, and cinematography. Here is my first "decent" short film. Enjoy!
PS. I'd love for you to post a review up on the site, top right hand side.

(link that was here is no longer working. Please post a new link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my honest opinion:

You didn't work on cinematography it looks like - it looks like you did this very fast - you have good audio for dialogue and it's overall "slick" in coverage, but man, I feel like it's been done - this feel like a low quality image Law & Order and while I praise you for your solidly formed concept, it doesn't seem like its own piece - to me it feels like a perfect conglomerate of other stuff I know. IMO you should work on daylight/inside stuff, learn to balance those two, and then work from there on taking a slick story you have and learning to advance it by way of lighting - lighting isn't on the forefront most often, but you NEED it to solidly contribute to the story - it is a shame to just have captured the image without thinking about it really.

This way promising though - keep up the work! Good luck man.

-Aaron

Thanks, yes, I just used some shop lights I had. I now have access to a lot of pro lights, and will be using those. I know the basic mechanics of lighting, but sometimes you just have to do with what you got. Thanks for the input, and I will work on the lighting for sure.

Network Sponsors

Back