Introduction and a surreal short about the absurdity of smoking.

andrius.grigas

Hello, my name is Andrius. I've been making short films since I was 13-14 years old. I'm mostly self-taught in this regard. My films (or you can call them videos) have a real amateurish and home video feeling to them, this is something I'd like to fix at some point. I enrolled into film school last September, but I'm now on academic leave due to the quarantine.

I'll post my absurdist short about smoking which I consider to be my best work. I'd like to hear some thoughts on it (that is if you manage to watch it all the way through.) It's in Lithuanian, so turn on subtitles. All I used for lighting was a blue lightbulb in the ceiling and a desk lamp, so please excuse the crappy lighting.

Interesting concept about smoking! :) I can understand that your budget was a bit low, hence the poor lightning. The ending was funny.
What inspired you to create this short movie?

The future looks psychedelic. I didn't expect that, I must admit it. However, the future also looks very similar to the past. I can see you have a twisted sense of humor from how the character reacted after seeing the future. What I could recommend you is to try different camera angles and a Gimbal to create a different mood of each scene. You have a lot of potential and passion and I am sure that with the proper guidance, you can create masterpieces in the future.

Interesting concept about smoking! :) I can understand that your budget was a bit low, hence the poor lightning. The ending was funny.
What inspired you to create this short movie?
The inspiration was spontaneous. I was ruminating about my own smoking addiction when at some point I got the mental image of everybody being a smoker in the psychedelic future. I was originally going to film this with multiple other people, but in the end only one friend agreed.

Network Sponsors

Back