introducing myself and my indie flick

atrips

cool

cool

It looks very interesting. I visited New Zealand a few years ago and its always refreshing to see its surroundings again incorperated in film. Looks great.

:)

Welcome to the forums Atrips, you're doing a fine job.
How much time do you generally spend on making your films, i.e. pre-vis, shooting, editing, etc.?
What would you consider your strongest suit as a filmmaker?
Writer, Director, Editor, Cinematographer, etc.?

Thanks again for joining the forums, and for sharing your work.

hi jacob.
in reply to your questions.. well - with this digital feature we did - i am living it the whole time since i am the writer/director/producer... took about 12 days to write the script...took 5 months in pre-prod, 5 months {20 days on weekends} to shoot the movie and have been in post for the past 3 months. so it has been living the dream...

i teach editing at a film school....which means film making revolves around my commitments to the school and the students..

i am a storyteller first and foremost...and am also a visual person, so i guess i am a jack of all trades... as a director - you are only as good as your team and this is all about team work...so i guess i have been lucky to have a great DOP who understand what i am seeing and translating it into visuals.. when u direct something, the idea is not to edit yourself because one gets complacent and self-indulgent...always good to have fresh ideas and perspective on the story...and thats one of the reasons why i did not edit the movie myself even though i could have...

thanks again for taking time to read this and trying to know me... much appreciated...

cheerio
amit

Enjoyed the scene

Enjoyed the scene

I enjoyed the scene. It was set up pretty well. I saw your trailers, and the concept looks interesting. I would defintely be interested in seeing it if the rest of the movie measures up!

The footage of the beach had quite a bit of wabble in it. The acting was very good.

I am waiting to see if the movie will get selected to screen at any US film festivals or not...

for now you can check out the press as well as reviews HERE

Thanks again for taking time out to watch the scene and the trailers and commenting on them...

Amit

{PS - the wobble is because we shot 98% of the movie handheld - did not have budget to get a steadicam...the movie cost us US$ 7,500 }

Very impressive for $7,500

Very impressive for $7,500

I should hire you to be my producer then!

Very impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Re: Very impressive for $7,500

Re: Very impressive for $7,500

jeffad said:
I should hire you to be my producer then!

Very impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

lol... well i am a director by profession but i guess producing comes naturally. :D i am in NZ - so it has to be something exceptional for me to produce :lol:

i hope you get to watch it if it plays at microcinemfest http://www.microcinemafest.com

cheers
amit

Network Sponsors

Back