Inglorious Bastards or Quentin needs a psychiatrist.

Mr Taylor

Well as you can tell by my title, there is some good and some bad news on this one.
It was a beautifully shot and engaging film.
The plot was just complex enough to keep you interested without getting you confused.
There were some truly original moments in this film.
Unfortunately there was also something disturbing about this film.
There was a strange sort of pleasure that the director seemed to take from creating cruel evil situations and dressing them up as morally correct actions.
I must draw the conclusion that Quentin may have an underlying psychological problem, probably sadism.
He should really get that looked at.
It is a shame to see talent and immaturity converge in the same mind.
The actors did a good job acting, Brad Pit is really coming into his own.
The overall style was very good, with the skilful merging of current and traditional musical and cinematographic styles.
I would not recommend this film.
It lacks good taste.

I kinda agree with you.. does seem to have that young rebelious violent loveing teen in him still that never went away, but then again, its his rare mind that keeps him apart from other film makers.. and i understand he is the DIOLOGUE man, but this film just had TOO much diolgue. i mean its great most of the time, but there is dialogue that was just too much that it didnt add or help the film at all so could have probably been eliminated.
now.. me i do recommend this film, it is greatly shot, acting was great, and very enjoyable. as long as you dont just go see it for the pychotic violence.l and thats it.

Did you notice how Narcissistic this film was?
The way the whole history of the world depended on some film buffs?
In fact on some old reels of film?
As if the world revolves around movie directors.
See, you know it's time to take a step back when you find yourself going down that path.
He seriously needs to see a doctor.

Thanks for being so nice about it.
He is a great film maker. no doubt about it.
There is just something abnormal about a mind that can spend so much time and effort around those sorts of issues.
Come on, think about it.
If you really detest something then you stay away from it.
You don't spend your waking day thinking about it and watching it over and over and over again in the editing room.
I wish I could have seen that exact same film without the ultra violence. It would have been every bit as funny and interesting.
In fact, the violence did the worst crime in film making, it detracted from the story.
That is a mistake no director should make.

Network Sponsors

Back