images From Photoshop

I don't know about Final Cut, but in Premiere you can just export them as .bmp files and load them into the project as stills (actually, since it's an Adobe product you can load Photoshop files directly, I think). I presume that Final Cut will have some kind of still format import that Photoshop can export: Targa is one common lossless file format that a lot of applications can process.

Yes, you can import still images into FCP, I've imported jpegs, and photoshop files into FCP. If you choose to use photoshop files, it will recognize the layers of the image and seperate them into different layers on the timeline, which is pretty cool, because you could create a pretty trippy animation in Final Cut just with the layers of one image. However, make sure that if you're trying to see the entire picture that you've imported a std. DV NTSC file size clip. Chances are, your original image is much larger than a std. DV file size clip, and I don't know if it'll automatically crop it or what. But, to avoid the cropping I simply downsized my image to the std. DV specifications while in photoshop so that it would fit right in with the rest of the clips when pulled into a DV timeline.

Yes, it's possible. You can also, just like Final Cut Pro, import transparent images. This comes in handy if you want to animate a face in a stop motion animation.

Another really cool thing about this... is that if you have a layered photoshop image... and you import that into finalcut as a layered image... you can use each layer as a separate piece of video...

for instance,
if you had a logo in photoshop, and the image was 5 layers... and you saved it as a layered image... didn't merge them down to 1 layer...
when you put it into finalcut... you could then fade each layer in separately... and the logo would build itself piece by piece, layer by layer...

this is also something that can be done with aftereffects... and some of the other higher-end editing programs.

I should note though... I've only used Final Cut Pro... so I am unsure what limitations may have been placed on Express... though I would hope that apple was smart enough to not place this particular limitation on Express.

Sorry for the late response... I know you guys already covered it... but I just can't help it.;)

Network Sponsors

Back