I'm searching for important short film festivals

L

leila

Hi everyone
I shot a short film in 2003 and my short was screened in the most important french festivals: The Clermont- Ferrand film festival, Cinemed in Montpellier, IMA (institut du monde arabe)...and i received 3 prizes in Lebanon: Best Script, Best editing and best art direction. It's a 26 min fiction shot on Betacam SP. I never sent my short to the us cos i don't have any idea about the important student or professional festivals there.
Could anyone help?

you should also consider entering into standard film festivals... nearly all of them have short-film categories. For Instance:
> Sundance
> Slamdance

and really, I'm on vacation and there are thousands and thousands to mention across the US...
Also, you should try (if you didn't already) submiting to the Festival de Cannes... they also have short-film categories...
as well, they have a student film category... but to enter into that you'll need to get your school to also fill out some information.

Anyhow...
My suggestion is to go to google.com and do a search... or even check out some of the filmmaking magazine websites... like the one's for filmmaker magazine, moviemaker magazine & RES magazine... they usually have really great lists of festivals...
filmmakermagazine.com has a list on-line of festivals with a sort feature to see the soonest deadlines.

Anyhow... good luck & happy submitting! (would love to see it on studentfilmmakersforums.com)

Network Sponsors

Back