I got the idea in a dream, no not really.

sasha

Just out of curiosity.
How did some of you decide to go into film??

I started as an usher at a small movie theater.
I got the chance to watch many movies on the big screen for free.
After watching the endings of a movie a couple hundred times I started to take them apart, the good, the bad, everything. Many movies became too predictable and my interest for making film started.

Similar to finding an interest in the subject through structure, I too discovered filmmaking through critical review of other artists' work. Currently, I can do nothing but build off of an emulated concept that originated from artists I admire most. I see that there are still some very successful filmmakers who do the very same thing well into the later stages of their careers, but I want to find my own voice. I respect what's worked in the past, but I nolonger want it to have a definitive influence on my vision.
It is very important to remember the single reason you started, and not become overwhelmed by the number of reasons to leave.
Happy hunting

hehehe. brilliant question...

I have to admit, I already have my Oscar speech ready to go (Is that arrogance? Oh, well). I have to thank Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards first of all. A lot of people decide to do films after seeing GREAT films like "The 400 Blows," "E.T.," And, of course, the "Star Wars" filmmakers. Mine was "Top Gun." I really wanted to fly fighter jets after seeing that. But then I got my glasses, so I had to rethink it. So, what's better than flying jets? Making movies about flying jets, of course! Less risk of dying, no military work, and you get to have a dogfight and live everyday! Just got started one day. Was bored, so I began writing a script. Two weeks and 135 pages later, I had written my first script. A feature. Been doin' it ever since.

-T

Network Sponsors

Back