I am going to delete the nasty reviews

G

I am not going let people just say someones work is a turd or say someone is stupid. Please keep the reviews encouraging and constructive. If you "think" something someone created is not good instead of saying it is a turd and the person is stupid talk about how to improve it and encourage the person to do better. You can rate it with the 1 to 5 as low as you want but don't say mean spirited things.

Kim

good point kim...absolutely agree

by saying that u are stupid or you are a turd and stuff one is being judgemental

it is better to keep it positive and encouraging rather than depressing and negative..

thats my 2 cents on that topic

Thanks For The Support

Thanks For The Support

Thank you very much for the support. It has been a little tough at times to keep the forums clean and I have had people attack me after I deleted posts. One guy said, "...you don't know who I know and the power I have with the internet..." and then proceeded to tell me I better not delete anymore of his posts. I proceeded to record his IP address and time stamps and his phone number from MY caller ID and informed him if he did anything that hurt our community I would have my attorney handle it. I might have gone too far but I just could not believe that this guy was telling me to let him slam who he wanted to and threatening me with who he knows and the power of the internet.

I believe in tough love and I know sometimes people with no talent nor real love for making films try to get in the business for whatever reason and they may make garbage “sometimes” but then sometimes people have a passion and are driven and they start trying things for the first time and make mistakes and they do ignorant things and they learn and they grow. I don't want to discourage or be negative towards these people or anyone for that matter. I have seen determined people overcome huge bad mistakes and rise to the top.

I want this to be a good place and I know this might be corny and all but I want it to be a haven for creative people who have a desire and passion for the art of film and video. Not a forum full of negative bad attitudes, malcontent posts, off topic posts, political fights, and or a free for all links post. I want this to be a community of people who want to grow and help grow the art of filmmaking.

I want people to say what they want to say and be free to do so but I want them to respect others and I want them to take into “light” having a great site for people to learn, network, educate, showcase and support each other. I know some people here have created long lasting works of art and they will create more and others I know are going to follow. I want to encourage and facilitate the participation of all levels and not just the gifted fortunate ones. One of these not so gifted determined newbie persons might just surprise you someday with an insight of some divine source or some kind of molecular spark may happen in their synapse that produces insights beyond mediocracy and then that passion and hard headed determination will drive them to deliver something really hardcore and harshly awesome.

Truly
Kim

Your Site

Your Site

Additionaly, this is your site. You asked for things and I set them up. Many of the things on the site are a direct result of someone asking for it in a message to me from the forums. If you have feedback or you would like to see something please let me know. If you have feedback or complaints let me know. If you are not a forum person or big on e-mail you can call us.

Truly
Kim

well said kim..

i wanted to add that , everyone has something within them you can learn from... they might not tell you a new technique in editing but might give you an insight into humanity... people are always full of pleasent surprises - if you let them surprise you. if you don't give them the chance to express then you have killed off your sense of teamwork and support which is so integral to the media industry.

team work is the key to unlocking the secrets of good film making. trust others and you will be surprised at how much you more you can get from others.

Tim Tyler has gone through the same s--- on his Cinematography site. Over the years, I think he's ended up banning only two people, but he's had to delete posts as well. And certainly the CML is well-regulated.

It's important to exercise some control because one person can ruin an entire forum. I've seen that on Usenet. I left rec.arts.movies.production a few years ago because two guys wanted to do nothing but complain how Jews were running the film industry, ad nauseum (probably was the same guy posting as two people). Every discussion ended being in response to their discussion.

You can't build a community if there isn't a general level of respect and even affection between those participating; too many people see the internet as a place to vent anonymously. I'm sure there are better places for that than a users forum.

Hi all,

I think you Kim should have no state of heart in deleting posts, as a administrator, if you want to. I don't see how anyone could seriously make a fuss about that. I mean, if they want to piss you off, they don't have to wait until you delete their posts to do so, and I don't see no good reason for someone to complain if he's posts are deleted (It's true you americans have weird laws sometimes, could it be seriously complained ?

Anyway, I'm one of those who asked for the possibility to post reviews, and I think that even a negative one is interesting, if argumented. It's not better to always say " this film is great", with no argument, either.

I like the fact that you created a "reviews and essays" section, that allows to evenly have a further discussion about the films in the showcase.

And I think the whole thing is great ! It took a bit of time to start, but there is now quite a lot of films there, and that is really great !

People "play the game", and they can consider it's a superb way of showing their work, get feed-back, etc.

I think it's a really good thing for you students. Show your work, discuss it, bravo to you and to Kim !

Network Sponsors

Back