I’d like to have my published book made into a film. Who should I ask?

ARudie

Hi, I’m new to the group, and am grateful to be able to join—thank you! I hope this is the right place to ask this type of question, and that THIS SORT of question is ok.

I am a self-published fiction author, but I am not acquainted with movie making. My reader’s feedback regarding my book has been enthusiastic, and there has been strong encouragement from readers to have my story made into a movie. It is the sort of work that would lend itself well to film.

Once my book was published, I was swarmed with solicitations from various “film studios” promising to write the screenplay, and pitch it to big producers. I’m confident in my work, but absolutely not confident in these solicitors; they don’t appear to be trustworthy. I want to find another way.

So, my question is; do film and screenwriting students ever work with authors to collaborate on putting a book into film? If so, how would I go about finding people who may be interested in this sort of project?

For reference, my book is titled “Where Pastures Meet The Sky” by Andrea Rene’ Rudie.

Thanks!

Hi Andrea!

Welcome to our community! It's fantastic to hear about your enthusiasm for turning your book into a film. It's essential to protect your work and find trustworthy collaborators. You should also post this on our new website: https://www.studentfilmmakers.com

Film and screenwriting students can indeed be excellent partners for adapting books into movies. Many aspiring filmmakers are eager for projects to work on, and collaborating with an author like yourself could be an exciting opportunity for them to gain experience and showcase their skills.

Best of luck with your project, Andrea! Keep us updated on your journey.

Network Sponsors

Back