How to make my 3CCD look like better quality?

R

reindirkfilms

So I am going to shoot this short I have and I am going to be putting alot of time into it. So I want the best quality for my film and I have this 3CCD Sony. What can I do to make my 3CCD look better when I film it?

Light well.

lighting. and there is a lens attachment called the letus35 that i have heard attaches to mostly any 3ccd camcorder and will give you a shallower depth of field and make your movie look more like film

i will put my vote in lighting as well. Very important. This doesn't however mean that you need to own really expensive equipment. Owning just one or two 500 watt work lights and a white reflector board can do wonders for you. Be creative.

I wanted to add to the lighting answers, and this may be obvious, but you would be surprised at how many times I've seen this done: if using available light, i.e. ceiling lights/lamps/wall sconces, try to avoid getting the light source in frame if you're using miniDV. While this can look neat on film, miniDV is a whole nother matter. You can fix a lot of lighting problems in editing (like turning down the highlights if you have blooming whites), but having a big blob of light in frame makes it more difficult... That being said, it is amazing what a film-style 3-point lighting set-up will do for video!

Network Sponsors

Back